The construction industry becomes more complex each year and the role of the construction financial manager follows that trend. The reality the industry faces is that no one can fully see over the horizon. Our best plans are put into motion each day. We need skilled individuals in place who can properly manage those plans and have the knowledge to make the necessary adjustments and decisions. A CCIFP is a bridge between where you are and your final destination.
Who Is a CCIFP?
The Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) is someone who has voluntarily met the required certification criteria with regard to education, experience, and a demonstrated understanding of the industry’s body of knowledge. A CCIFP values and maintains the highest possible standards of knowledge, competence, and ethical behavior – as high as any other profession on which businesses and the public rely. CCIFPs are recognized as leaders within their organizations and the industry as a whole and have met rigorous standards endorsed by national professional organizations. They stand out from the crowd as professionals with unique skillsets and a body of knowledge level of attainment over and above that of financial generalists.
Benefits of Certification
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in construction industry financial management, and dedication to continuing education and quality improvement
- Establishes our profession as having, valuing and maintaining the highest possible standards of knowledge, competence and ethical behavior – as high as any other profession on which business and the public rely
- Sets our profession apart as one with its own unique skill set and body of knowledge, a level of attainment over and above that of financial generalists
- Promotes the spread of best practices throughout financial professionals within the construction industry
- Better prepares both firms and individuals for meeting the challenges ahead as information moves more quickly and construction industry financial management becomes more complex
- Gives certified persons a powerful edge in an increasingly competitive industry and marketplace